How to write good texts: 5 life hacks for copywriter
You probably noticed that some texts customers automatically scroll through, others – read excitedly and hurry to make an order, call, come, get more information about a product or service. How to learn to write texts that really sell?
1. When writing the text, consider not only the requirements of the customer, but also the needs of the target audience. Write clearly, so that the reader does not have to “stumble” contagious kind of obstacles – ranging from small print to long sentences that interfere with the perception of information.
2. Pay special attention to the title and the first paragraph. The title should be succinct, to reflect and to encourage the reading of the text. In the first paragraph, explain why further information will be important to the reader – what “pain” will close that can give him? You can start a paragraph with a question – then the reader will mentally answer it and continue to study the text.
Header example: 7 ideas for engaging content for the New Year
Example of the first paragraph: How to make posts from your blog get into rss feeds?Here is a list of recommendations that really work.
3. Use history: personal history, friends, buyers. Prove from your experience how the tips you write about have helped you. It also works well reception “before” and “after” Or tell the stories of people who have already succeeded thanks to your advice. Master storytelling (hyperlink to the Academy of copywriting), and you will not be equal in writing selling texts.
4. Avoid large text “canvases” and structure the information for a comfortable reader’s perception. To do this, divide the text into logical paragraphs, use bulleted lists, check lists, italics, underscores.
5. Complete the text with conclusions: once again, briefly list the main points of the text, give recommendations or share useful information that can be used immediately after reading the article.
Using the last advice, we want to recommend you 7 books that should be in the library of each copywriter:
1. David Ogilvy “Revelations of advertising agent»
2. Sergey Bernadsky”Selling texts. How to turn a reader into a buyer»
3. Denis Kaplunov”Business-copywriting»
4. Joe Vitale”Hypnotic advertising texts»
5. Maxim Eliahou, Lyudmila Sarycheva”Write, cut. How to create strong text»
6. Roy Peter Clark “50 letter techniques»
7. Andrew Parabellum”77 secrets of copywriting. Texts that sell»
Improve your skills and create original texts that will delight both the reader and the customer!